[stunnel-users] Problem with huge stunnel.conf

Paul rfc9001 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 11:52:36 CET 2004

> The problem is that Windows only supports 64 file descriptors in a single
> FD_SET structure by default:

As many would need stunnel to run with more than 31 apps (64
descriptor) wouldnt this be an ideal candidate for a configurable
parameter (global options) in stunnel.conf?.
Anyways CIM Massy i did recompile it with a bigger FD_SET and it
worked just fine for me.

Interestingly in Linux, as it implements fd_set with bit mask, i dont
think stunnel will be able to support more than 16 pairs of apps (32
descriptors) unless there is some code change explicitly.

Thanks and Regards,
Paul