Updated defaults planned for stunnel 6.xx
More secure defaults planned for the next major version.
- OCSPaia = yes
High priority features
These features will likely be supported some day. A sponsor could allocate my time to get them faster.
- Add client certificate autoselection based on the list of accepted issuers: SSL_CTX_set_client_cert_cb(), SSL_get_client_CA_list().
- OCSP stapling (tlsext_status).
- Indirect CRL support (RFC 3280, section 5).
- Add an Apparmor profile.
- Log rotation on Windows.
- Configuration file option to limit the number of concurrent connections.
- Command-line server control interface on Unix.
- An Android GUI.
- MSI installer for Windows.
- Add 'leastconn' failover strategy to order defined 'connect' targets by the number of active connections.
- MariaDB (formerly MySQL) protocol negotiation: MariaDB Handshake Protocol
Low priority features
These features will unlikely ever be supported.
- Database and/or directory interface for retrieving PSK secrets.
- Service-level logging destination.
- Logging to NT EventLog on Windows.
- Internationalization of logged messages (i18n).
- Generic scripting engine instead or static protocol.c.
Features I will not support, unless convinced otherwise by a wealthy sponsor.
- Support for adding X-Forwarded-For to HTTP request headers. This feature is less useful since PROXY protocol support is available.
- Support for adding X-Forwarded-For to SMTP email headers. This feature is most likely to be implemented as a separate proxy.
- Additional certificate checks (including wildcard comparison) based on:
- O (Organization), and
- OU (Organizational Unit).
- Set processes title that appear on the ps(1) and top(1) commands. I could not find a portable and non-copyleft library for it.