High priority features
These features will likely be supported some day. A sponsor could allocate my time to get them faster.
- Add client certificate autoselection based on the list of accepted issuers: SSL_CTX_set_client_cert_cb(), SSL_get_client_CA_list().
- Add an Apparmor profile.
- Optional line-buffering of the log file.
- Log rotation on Windows.
- Configuration file option to limit the number of concurrent connections.
- Command-line server control interface on both Unix and Windows.
- Separate GUI process running as the current user on Windows.
- An Android GUI.
- OCSP stapling (tlsext_status).
- Indirect CRL support (RFC 3280, section 5).
- MSI installer for Windows.
Low priority features
These features will unlikely ever be supported.
- Database and/or directory interface for retrieving PSK secrets.
- Support static FIPS-enabled builds.
- Service-level logging destination.
- Logging to NT EventLog on Windows.
- Internationalization of logged messages (i18n).
- Generic scripting engine instead or static protocol.c.
- Add 'leastconn' failover strategy to order defined 'connect' targets by the number of active connections.
- Add '-status' command line option reporting the number of clients connected to each service.
Features I will not support, unless convinced otherwise by a wealthy sponsor.
- Support for adding X-Forwarded-For to HTTP request headers. This feature is less useful since PROXY protocol support is available.
- Support for adding X-Forwarded-For to SMTP email headers. This feature is most likely to be implemented as a separate proxy.
- Additional certificate checks (including wildcard comparison) based on:
- O (Organization), and
- OU (Organizational Unit).
- Set processes title that appear on the ps(1) and top(1) commands. I could not find a portable and non-copyleft library for it.