[stunnel-users] One "final" (!) question re stunnel

Ludolf Holzheid lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
Mon Sep 8 11:03:28 CEST 2008

On Sat, 2008-09-06 16:27:46 -0700, John Bryant wrote:
> [..]
>
> I get incorrect password message when I log on in my email client program. Why?
>
> [..]
>
> My ISP says it's probably a generic message, meaning "it can't connect"l

This is my experience too. If a mail client prints 'wrong password',
it often just says 'this did not work'.

Check the stunnel log. There should be entries like

   '... accepted connection from ...'

showing your mail client is connecting to the stunnel and

   '... connected remote server from ...'

showing stunnel is connecting to the mail server.

Ludolf

Ludolf Holzheid             Tel:    +49 621 339960
Bihl+Wiedemann GmbH         Fax:    +49 621 3392239
Floßwörthstraße 41          e-mail: lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
D-68199 Mannheim, Germany