[stunnel-users] How to disable SSLv2 in Stunnel (for Stunnel 3.X)

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Sun Sep 7 00:24:59 CEST 2008

Hi All,

For anyone who has looked into credit card PCI Compliance, you'll know what
I'm dealing with.  But I'm trying to work with some pretty old systems.

To be compliant I need to disable SSL2.0 so I was trying to see if I could
do it server-wide.  My first thought was to recompile openssl with --no-ssl2
but that seems to only disable it for the tools rather than the linked
library.

After that, I gave up and started configuring programs one by one. However,
despite my best ability to check, I can't see a way to disable SSL2.0 in
Stunnel v3.X.

Anyway, I'll likely upgrade to 4.X but I'm interested if anyone knows the
fix either for openSSL or Stunnel 3.X.

Regards,
KAM