[stunnel-users] Re: stunnel 4.14 and openssl 0.9.8a

Michal Trojnara Michal.Trojnara at mobi-com.net
Tue Nov 8 08:41:46 CET 2005

On 2005-11-08, at 05:10, MeeAGhost wrote:

>  Since the 0.9.8a dlls worked with 4.12 (downloaded from the stunnel
> site) is it safe to say version 4.12 was built with 0.9.8a?

Against 0.9.8 (very close to 0.9.8a).
http://stunnel.mirt.net/news_sdf.html

> To allow the use of dlls from 0.9.8a I would have to compile it
> (stunnel) from source on a box (via Msys/Mingw) -- is that correct?

Correct.

> If so is it possible to simply use ./Configure without any flags?  Or
> do I have to build inside of Cygwin (after updating openssl in it)?

Not cygwin.  All you need is mingw and make.
http://www.mingw.org/download.shtml

Enter stunnel-4.14\src directory, update Makefile.w32 run make.bat.  It
should work.  I was using it myself a long time ago.  Nowadays I
cross-compile stunnel with mingw on Debian GNU/Linux.

Best regards,