[stunnel-users] Windows tray icon

Phil Smith III phs3stuff at cox.net
Tue May 19 15:13:02 CEST 2020

If you hover on the stunnel tray icon, it just says "Server is idle". Right-clicking shows various options; none of those say "stunnel". Yes, they can go to "About", but it would be nice if the hover said "Stunnel server is idle" (and, perhaps, the "Exit" option said "Exit stunnel"). My user (my wife!) keeps forgetting what it is, hovering, and then still asking me what it is.

Just a WIBNI. stunnel has been a lifesaver: she's wedded to Eudora, which doesn't support modern TLS, so when our ISP went all-TLS we had a problem. I also use it: I have a Bayesian mail proxy (K9) that doesn't support TLS, so my connections go MUA==>K9==>stunnel==>ISP.

Any chance of this happening next rev?

...phsiii