[stunnel-users] Stunnel 4 with Shoutcast 2.6

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Sat May 2 11:38:00 CEST 2020

On Fri, May 01, 2020 at 05:48:37PM -0700, Ali wrote:
> I am trying to add ssl to my shoutcast stream. I get the messages below
> when I try to start or restart shoutcast. I have purchased an ssl cert and
> key for this and it did not work via the shoutcast config, so I gave this a
> shot. The key and certs with combined into the stunnel.pem. See below and
> thanks for the help. I also added the stunnel config below.

Leaving aside the fact that 4.53 is really, really old, and you should
look into whether your OS/distribution provides some sort of "backports"
repository for newer versions...

> client=no
> [shoutcast]
> accept=8002 (I also tried 443)
> connect=localhost:8000
> cert = /etc/stunnel/stunnel.pem
> pid=/etc/stunnel/stunnel.pid
[snip]
> Line 6: "pid = /etc/stunnel/stunnel.pid": Specified option name is not
> valid here

...you should put the "pid" option outside the "shoutcast" section,
where the "client" option currently is, and then you should put
the "client" option *inside* the "shoutcast" section :)

G'luck,
Peter

Peter Pentchev  roam at ringlet.net roam at debian.org pp at storpool.com
Key fingerprint 2EE7 A7A5 17FC 124C F115  C354 651E EFB0 2527 DF13