[stunnel-users] server is down message

Christopher Schultz chris at christopherschultz.net
Tue Jun 23 23:37:30 CEST 2020

Paul,

On 6/23/20 15:10, Coviello, Paul wrote:
> I’m an Admin on the box and just made sure everything was started as the
> Administrator.  Is this not enough?

I would avoid running any service as administrator. Once the config
file(s) has been read, stunnel just shuttles data between ports. There
is no reason for it to have elevated privileges.

Also, Thomas may not know that on Windows, anyone can bind to any port,
so port-permissions shouldn't be an issue even when not running as
Administrator.

Have you "disabled" any ports[1]?

  netsh int ipv4 show excludedportrange protocol=tcp

It's also possible that you are trying to bind to 127.0.0.1:1972 while
another process has already bound to 0.0.0.0:1972[2]. Is anything else
listening on [anything]:1972?

Hope that helps,
-chris

[1]