[stunnel-users] CAPI_GET_KEY:cryptacquirecontext error

Michael S. Chusovitin tchuss at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 17:41:43 CEST 2020

Dear stunnel users,

whereas Stunnel itself looks fine for me, it seems to have some troubles
with CAPI engine. The one I cannot manage still is
*"CAPI_GET_KEY:cryptacquirecontext
error"* logged when attempting to export the client's key.

I tried to add
*"engineCtrl = csp_name:Microsoft Enhanced RSA and AES Cryptographic
Provider"*
to stunnel.conf, and then *"CAPI_**CTX_SET_PROVNAME:**cryptacquirecontext
error"* was logged instead of the above one.

The same certificate is used happily with no-capi configuration.
I suppose the problem is somehow related to sha256 signature in the
certificate. Are there any chances to workaround?

Stunnel version is 5.48 with OpenSSL 1.0.2o-fips. (in this very case I need
to use 32bit version, so no possibility to upgrade).

Thanks!