[stunnel-users] Stunnel 5.56 Windows 10 Service - Not functioning after Reboot

Rod Marr rodmarr at live.com
Fri Aug 14 23:20:57 CEST 2020

Hi all,

I have installed Stunnel 5.56 win64 on a fully updated Windows 10 machine to work with Blue Iris. Stunnel operates well when I manually start it however I cannot get it to work automatically after a reboot.

I have run the run the “stunnel Service Install” and “stunnel Service Start” shortcuts supplied, and in the first instance the service installs and starts. I can then connect through Stunnel to my Blue Iris server.

I have found that after I reboot, the Stunnel service appears to start automatically but it is not functional. I cannot connect through it to Blue Iris. Stunnel is visible and Running in the Windows 10 Services list (from services.msc) and the Windows Task Manager shows a Process and Service active.

To rectify this I can manually issue the “stunnel Service Stop”, followed by the “stunnel Service Start” shortcuts and the service becomes functional again.

I have tried turning on debug info and the stunnel log file in stunnel.conf and see that log entries only begin after I have done the stop/start manual process.

Thanks for any insight to what I’m sure I am missing here.

Rod