[stunnel-users] Timeout issues

gorf at hyperfunk.club gorf at hyperfunk.club
Wed Aug 5 02:27:27 CEST 2020

Hi,

I'm using stunnel v5.56 on FreeBSD to proxy connections to a web server
(running Apache), for a small number of users. Users connecting to the
service keep running into issues with timeouts. I see timeout errors in
the stunnel log messages:

services stunnel[7510]: LOG3[188]: transfer: s_poll_wait: TIMEOUTclose
exceeded: closing

I tried changing stunnel to use the proxy protocol and enabled it on
Apache, too. I don't know if that will help but at least then the web
server gets the correct, remote IP address.

Can anyone offer ideas/suggestions to fix this problem? Is there
anything I can test or check to help diagnose the issue?

The configuration is very basic:

[apache]
accept = 20888
protocol = proxy
connect = 192.168.0.10:8000
PSKsecrets = /usr/local/etc/psksecrets.txt