[stunnel-users] CERT: Pre-verification error: unsupported certificate purpose

André Léonard andre.leonard at celotoise.com
Fri Apr 10 09:46:29 CEST 2020

Hi,

I upgraded stunnel from version 5.44 to 5.56.

But now I'm getting the following error :

CERT: Pre-verification error: unsupported certificate purpose
Rejected by CERT

Setting verifiy to 0 slove temporary the issue but is not secure at all.

As testing pupose, I recreated new certificate with the following
command but ending with the same issue:

openssl req -new -x509 -days 365 -nodes -config stunnel.cnf -out
stunnel.pem -keyout stunnel.pem

How to fix this ?

Thanks for you help,
André.