[stunnel-users] Extensions when negotiating TLS

Christopher Schultz chris at christopherschultz.net
Mon Nov 4 23:50:55 CET 2019

Tom,

On 11/4/19 17:16, Tom (AST) Watson wrote:
> Yes, I understand about ALPN.  Sorry I described in detail.
> Unfortunately application #2 wants encrypted http2 (it is a go
> program). Application #1 wants to talk in http2 (I can't change
> that!) and it doesn't encrypt "naturally" (and I want to see what is
> going on [Wireshark] as well) In looking further I might be able to
> get application #2 to go plaintext (I found a pointer). Yes, it seems
> that stunnel doesn't support ALPN, wishful thinking on my part
>
> Back to the salt mines. (*SIGH*)

How difficult would it be to enable HTTP/1.1 on that application #1?
I've never seen an h2-only service before. h2 is more effective for web
applications that make a lot of tiny requests (like small resources for
pages, scripts, etc.). Most API-based services don't really get any
benefit from using h2.

-chris