[stunnel-users] stunnel 5.06 not yet linked against OpenSSL 1.0.1t on debian jessie

Jakob Hirsch jh at plonk.de
Thu Oct 25 10:58:48 CEST 2018

Hi,

On 2018-10-24 17:29, Johann Hörmann wrote:
> Is that - stunnel not being linked against the current openssl-lib - a
> serious problem?

It is usually not necessary to rebuild all packages using a specific lib
just because it got updated.

> Will there soon be a stunnel-package being linked against openssl 1.0.1t?

The debian people are doing that, so that would be something to ask
them, specifically the package maintainers (see
https://packages.debian.org/jessie/stunnel4). But since jessie support
ended last June and LTS won't rebuild , I would not hold my breath.

Why do you care about this in the first place? You are using a stunnel
version that is 4 years old and got last patched more than 3 years ago.
If it's of any importance to you, you should really upgrade to stretch
(optionally with bpo) or at least use jessie-backports.

Regards
Jakob