[stunnel-users] Windows stunnel Command Line Configuration File Location

Małgorzata Olszówka Malgorzata.Olszowka at stunnel.org
Thu Oct 18 11:25:51 CEST 2018

> I would like to be able to run stunnel interactively on Windows, but
> specify a different location for the configuration file.  When I looked
> at the help output, it stated that you could pass a parameter for
> “[<filename>]”.  I assumed I could put a path on there, but it does not
> appear to work.  For example, I tried running “stunnel.exe
> C:\temp\stunnel.conf”, but it would not find the configuration file even
> though it is there.
>
> Is there a way to do what I am trying to do or does the config file have
> to be in a folder “..\config”?

Hello Steve,

Could you specify how stunnel reports this error?
Seems to be a problem with permissions to the directory.

It works for me:
 >stunnel.exe C:\temp\stunnel.conf

stunnel logs:
2018.10.18 11:09:25 LOG5[main]: Reading configuration from file
C:\temp\stunnel.conf
2018.10.18 11:09:26 LOG5[main]: Configuration successful

Best regards,
Małgorzata Olszówka