[stunnel-users] build static stunnel with openssl

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Mon Oct 8 10:23:48 CEST 2018

On Mon, Oct 08, 2018 at 03:09:07PM +0800, White Little wrote:
> Thanks, Eric
>
> But I did not put it on /usr/local/opensl or /usr/local/stunnel
>

> Below is my configuration log
>

> [root at Stunnel-Fedora stunnel-5.49]# ./configure  --enable-static
> --with-ssl=/root/stunnel/openssl-1.1.0i
[snip]
> configure: **************************************** TLS
[snip]
> checking for TLS directory... /root/stunnel/openssl-1.1.0i
[snip]

> I tested on ubuntu14.04, 16.04   64bit and fedora 32bit,  all of them are
> them are not include opennssl.

What exactly makes you think that this does not include OpenSSL support?
The configure script seemed to find the include/openssl/ directory in
the directory that you specified; does the build fail somehow later?
If it does, show us the logs from the failed build.  Or does the compiled
executable does not say "Compiled with OpenSSL 1.1.0i"?  If it does not,
show us the full build log (maybe use a pastebin-like service somewhere,
e.g. paste.debian.net)..

BTW a question: is /root/stunnel/openssl-1.1.0i the place you extracted
and compiled OpenSSL, or the place you installed it after building it?
If you just built it there, you also need to install it somewhere and
point the stunnel configure script at the directory where it is
installed, not at the build tree.  This might mean that you may need to
rebuild it again after specifying a --prefix or something like that
(I do not remember exactly how the OpenSSL build works).

G'luck,
Peter

Peter Pentchev  roam@{ringlet.net,debian.org,FreeBSD.org} pp at storpool.com
Key fingerprint 2EE7 A7A5 17FC 124C F115  C354 651E EFB0 2527 DF13