[stunnel-users] How to tell if commuications are encrypted?

Alex Birchall A.Birchall at mdx.ac.uk
Thu May 10 06:56:06 CEST 2018

Hello,

I have Stunnel installed on Windows Server 2008 R2, running as a service.  I have it installed as a client on a Windows POS 2009 device.

This setup is working, in that the client is operating correctly and using Stunnel.

But how can I tell if communications between the Stunnel client and the Stunnel server are being encrypted,  rather than Stunnel just doing port forwarding?

I did read the client needs to have access to the server's certificate, but at the moment it does not.

Alex