[stunnel-users] HTTP to HTTPS

Eric Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Wed Dec 26 21:00:14 CET 2018

There once was an open source libcsoap to do SOAP.  It appeared abandoned 5-10 years ago but was available on line.

I downloaded that ages ago and made a fully functional libcsoap -- this includes "nanohttp" which will POST via HTTP, HTTPS, 1.0, 1.1, etc.

I only use this on AIX -- and my inability to do the craziness that the open source community does so well to make it work on all platforms and a lack of a real place to put it -- it never really got out.

You are welcome to the code.  It is in C.  You can build nanohttp apart from libcsoap.  If it has a few gotchas because of your O/S they should be easy to fix (I did make a couple AIX changes).

The code is small and easy to link into C (or anything else that links to a .a or .so) -- and it can be set up as a server (never tried it).

It DOES require openssl be installed (for the HTTPS I think).

If you want it, email me and I'll put it on my FTP site.

Eric