[stunnel-users] Need some info

Małgorzata Olszówka Malgorzata.Olszowka at stunnel.org
Mon Oct 9 10:56:07 CEST 2017

W dniu 09.10.2017 o 10:16, Heinsbroek, Peter pisze:

> I have a module that reads and writes the pin encrypted from/into a disk file.
> Till stunnel 5.38 it worked via engine_pkcs and now I try to build it into stunnel.
> I works ,but the only thing now is where to store the pin after decrypting it.

Hi,

stunnel parses the configuration file and sends the PIN to OpenSSL's
engine with the engine_ctrl() function defined in options.c:

     if(!ENGINE_ctrl_cmd_string(engines[current_engine], cmd, arg, 0)) {
         sslerror("ENGINE_ctrl_cmd_string");
         return "Failed to execute the engine control command";
     }

stunnel does not store the PIN after sending it to the OpenSSL's engine.

Regards,
Malgorzata Olszowka