[stunnel-users] TLS "translation" & 2-way auth

Carter Browne cbcs at comcast.net
Wed Nov 15 15:54:14 CET 2017

I do this to connect between networks, especially for insecure protocols
such as RDP

[relay-in]
accept = myaddress:2222
connect=127.1.1.1:22222
client=yes

[relay-out]
accept=127.1.1.1:22222
connect=remoteaddress:1234
client=no

Here 127.1.1.1 can be any address in the 127.0.0.0/8 subnet.  The port
for relay-in is arbitrary. I pick an arbitrary point greater than 1000
to connect relay-in to relay-out.  The port for relay-out is whatever is
required by the application.

A single stunnel instance will support a number of such connections.

Carter