[stunnel-users] installation problems

Małgorzata Olszówka gosia at olszowka.net
Tue Jan 31 10:16:42 CET 2017

W dniu 30.01.2017 o 19:46, HOFFMAN, GEOFFREY pisze:
> On the machine with OpenSSL 1.0.2k, when attempting to install stunnel,
> when I run ./configure, it passes with this info:
> configure: FIPS support not found
> Then make fails with:
> /usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/ssl/lib/libssl.a(s3_srvr.o): relocation
> R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata' can not be used when making a shared
> object; recompile with -fPIC

Hello,
I think that you should enable a shared option to ensure that openssl
uses the correct libssl and libcrypto after installation. This option
builds a shared object in addition to the static archive. Openssl 1.0.2k
is no-shared by default.

So try to reconfigure OpenSSL 1.0.2k:

make clean
./config enable-shared --prefix=/opt/openssl-1.0.2k

Regards.