[stunnel-users] stunnel on Windows Client: Changing active network interface (wired, wireless)

b.koch.kemper b.koch.kemper at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 22:49:40 CET 2017

Dear stunnel community,

we are running an application on our windows clients. The application needs
a remote connection to our server (linux) for remote function calls.

We could successfully secure this connection via stunnel.
However, when our windows users change their network connection (e.g. they
disconnect their notebook from the docking station to our corporate wifi)
the connection and hence the whole application breaks.

The users actually have to restart stunnel to make the application work
again, which is really inconvenient.

As the application on the notebook is always using the same port, is it
somehow possible to make stunnel establish a new connection using the new
active network interface?

Kind regards,
Bernhard