[stunnel-users] Connecting stunnels

Ludolf Holzheid lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
Thu Mar 31 17:21:47 CEST 2016

On Thu, 2016-03-31 10:39:03 -0400, Carter Browne wrote:
> [..]
>
> I didn't ask the reason why in this case - I have had instances where I
> wanted the communication to be encrypted, but I count not go directly
> from Host1 to Host3.  If he can go directly from Host1 to Host3, then
> your configuration is correct.  However, in these days of firewalls,
> network segmentation, etc. the direct path may not be available or
> desired.

Carter,

I was wondering if there is a reason for the two separately encrypted
connections.  I had the impression, an end-to-end-encryption and a
port forwarder on Host2 was easier to set up (and more resource
conserving), but this may be a matter of taste ...

Ludolf

--

Ludolf Holzheid

Bihl+Wiedemann GmbH
Floßwörthstraße 41
68199 Mannheim, Germany

Tel: +49 621 33996-0
Fax: +49 621 3392239

mailto:lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
http://www.bihl-wiedemann.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Mannheim
Geschäftsführer: Jochen Bihl, Bernhard Wiedemann
Amtsgericht Mannheim, HRB 5796