[stunnel-users] Incoming port ignored

Ludolf Holzheid lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
Wed Mar 30 12:35:45 CEST 2016

On Wed, 2016-03-30 12:00:16 +0200, Ivan De Masi wrote:
> [..]
> so, what would you recommend me?

Hi Ivan,

Check your virus scanner.

> [..]
> I *have* to configure my mail-client to use/listen on to get in
> touch with stunnel. Or is there another way?

It's perfectly o.k. to have stunnel listening on and the
mail client connecting from using an arbitrary port.

Again, each IP connection has two ends, each of which is characterized
by IP address and port number.  I your example, this is

  (mail client) ---> (stunnel)

This is how IP is designed to work.

> So I don't understand, why it is not working anymore now and it conflicts
> now on localhost.

It does not conflict.  Stunnel works as expected, but your virus
scanner doesn't work.  Maybe it stopped intercepting traffic on
localhost (but that's a wild guess).

Ludolf Holzheid
Bihl+Wiedemann GmbH
Floßwörthstraße 41
68199 Mannheim, Germany
Tel: +49 621 33996-0
Fax: +49 621 3392239
mailto:lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Mannheim
Geschäftsführer: Jochen Bihl, Bernhard Wiedemann
Amtsgericht Mannheim, HRB 5796