[stunnel-users] Stunnel graceful reload

Vladimir Nikšić vniksic at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 14:46:36 CEST 2016

Hi!

I have a situation where I have the stunnel daemon between two remote
servers that are going over untrusted networks, mostly for MySQL
replication, for transparent and secure connections over unknown
networks etc.

I looked up on the mailing list, and I can't find the answer anywhere.
Is there a way to do a soft reload when adding a new connection to the
configuration? The docs say you can issue a SIGHUP, and I see it
referenced in a couple of questions, but that always refers to a
certificate change.

For example, I have an established tunnel, and I'd like to add another
one. My only option, as far as I can see is to fully restart the daemon
in order for the new connection to become active. Sending the HUP signal
does not create the new connection, only a restart does. I like to avoid
restarts as that severs all existing connections over stunnel. Is there
a way to do a graceful restart where the existing connections are not
disconnected and only the new ones are added?

Thanks!