[stunnel-users] Stunnel in inetd mode and PID in logs

Małgorzata Olszówka gosia at olszowka.net
Mon Dec 5 11:43:06 CET 2016

W dniu 02.12.2016 o 19:39, Bruce Guenter pisze:
> Hi.
>
> I am running stunnel in inetd mode (under tcpserver). Prior to version
> 5.12 (as far as I can tell), the logs output by stunnel would include
> the tag LOG#[PID]. As of version 5.12, the logs now say LOG#[main] (and
> later LOG#[ui]). Is there any way to get the PID back in the logs? I
> have tried all different choices for the logId configuration option, and
> it doesn't seem to make a difference there.

Hello,
The logId option allows you to distinguish log entries generated for
each of the connections. Various supported types are useful for the
different method of log analysis. But I don’t understand why do you need
to have the main stunnel process identifier in the log messages. It can
be read from journalctl e.g.

Regards.

---