[stunnel-users] Rework "Honor --sysconfdir and --localstatedir in stunnel.conf-sample.in"

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Jun 1 14:35:24 CEST 2015

Hi Mike,

Am 01.06.2015 um 14:00 schrieb Michal Trojnara <Michal.Trojnara at mirt.net>:
> On 01.06.2015 10:01, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
>> The patch is available at
>> https://buildfarm.opencsw.org/source/xref/opencsw/csw/mgar/pkg/stunnel/trunk/files/0001-Honour-sysconfdir-bindir-and-localstatedir-everywher.patch
> or you can browse the patch more nicely at
>> https://github.com/dago/stunnel/compare/master...sysconfdir
> Thank you very much for your work.
> There are a few issues with the patch I hopefully fixed:
> 1. It does not include the newly created .in files in the tarball.
> "make distcheck" is a great tool to diagnose this kind of issues.

This was intended as I didn’t want to clutter up the patch with generated
files you will most certainly regenerate anyway before release.
I can inclide them next time if it helps.

> 2. The last rule for "stunnel.pod" creates recursive dependency.

Ah, good catch.

> 3. "CApath = /etc/ssl/certs" is supposed to point to the OS trusted
> certificate store, and not something installed locally.

This was somewhat intended. As I did the patch for OpenCSW we are shipping
basically our own userland to Solaris which also has a different certstore.
I understand that this should not go to /usr/local/etc by default, but that
also means I need another way to customize it. I’ll look how this is done in
other projects and propose a patch.

>> It would be great if the change could be applied.
> It will be included in the next release.

Cool :-)

Best regards

  — Dago