[stunnel-users] stunnel beta (5.04b1) is available for testing

Pierre DELAAGE delaage.pierre at free.fr
Wed Sep 17 20:20:49 CEST 2014

Dear Michal,
It appears that 5.04b1 is not UNICODE compatible.

Anyway, the first compilation issue reproduced below is not new...and
you will find the proper code to fix it
in my 502 complete, and extensively documented, patch.

I think it can help that I send you my complete 502 source tree, which
will make easier for you to read the "patched" code in a coherent bunch
of files,
instead of damaging your eyes in reading an obscure text patch file with
diff/ed instructions.
I will send it soon directly to you.

I understand that my patch is big, this is why I splitted it in two main
parts : unicode for w32 on one side (that was a separate patch), then
WCE support on another side (provided in two forms : one cumulating with
the first patch, the other incremental).
But for each big subject, to get a consistent application vs compilation
and/or runtime, many little modifications (except the two big functions
isolated in wcedefs.h/.c)
MUST be fixed and put together in the same code.
What is the interest of an incomplete patch that leaves the application
UN-compilable and/or UN-runnable and so ...UN-testable ? none

To document the TWO big patches, my v502 report is written in little
chapters, one issue after the other, describing the bug and the fix
separately.

I will not redo all that job extensively here, there will be nothing new.

Hope anyway it will help.

I would mention also that your vc.mak is not allowing any possibility to
compile with UNICODE support :
this is the first thing to do, and once again you will find the proper
fix in my 502 patch.

         cl /MD /W3 /O2 /nologo  /WX /DUNICODE -D_UNICODE
/I"C:\Users\standard\Do
cuments\Dvts\Contrib\openssl\v1.0.2-stable-SNAP-20121213\patch1\inc32"
/I"C:\Use
rs\standard\Documents\Dvts\Contrib\openssl\v1.0.2-stable-SNAP-20121213\patch1\in
c32" -Fo..\obj\win32\ui_win_gui.obj -c ..\src\ui_win_gui.c
ui_win_gui.c
..\src\ui_win_gui.c(177) : error C2220: avertissement consid'r' comme
une erreur
  - aucun fichier 'object' g'n'r'
..\src\ui_win_gui.c(177) : warning C4133: 'fonction' : types
incompatibles - de
'char [260]' à 'LPWCH'
..\src\ui_win_gui.c(194) : warning C4133: 'fonction' : types
incompatibles - de
'char [260]' à 'LPCWSTR'
..\src\ui_win_gui.c(210) : warning C4133: 'fonction' : types
incompatibles - de
'LPSTR' à 'LPTSTR'
..\src\ui_win_gui.c(241) : warning C4133: 'fonction' : types
incompatibles - de
'char [260]' à 'LPWSTR'
..\src\ui_win_gui.c(1168) : warning C4028: paramètre formel 1 différent
de la dé
claration
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0\VC\BIN
\cl.EXE"' : code retour '0x2'
Stop.

Yours sincerely