[stunnel-users] 400 - Bad Request

Pierre DELAAGE delaage.pierre at free.fr
Wed Sep 17 19:59:48 CEST 2014

Hi,
This is not a matter of "request redirection",
but a matter of "url rewriting":

either you do that at your browser address space, by typing :
"https://localhost:9006"

Or you manage that in your web server, provided that you have access,
eg, to apache conf file:
sometimes rewriting on the server is necessary, but NOT at all in your case.

Anyway : for SSL management on 'http" traffic, stunnel is not at all
required on the client side (as SSL support is embedded in any browser),
but can be added to the SERVER, if your (eg) apache conf misses all the
ssl stuff.

BUT....remember that http over SSL is NOT https.

So that, from the server side you have 2 situations :
1/ the web server is HTTP only and YOU added SSL support with stunnel on
the server side :
here the server will only accept "http://" urls.

2/ the web server is HTTPS, and YOU added (why ?) stunnel on the client
between a browser and your server :
here the server expects "https:" url ...so give it in your browser.
This seems to be your case

Regards