[stunnel-users] STOP REMOVING OLD RELEASE TARBALLS FOR GODS SAKE

John Spencer maillist-stunnel at barfooze.de
Mon Oct 20 17:10:43 CEST 2014

hello,

5 days ago i noticed that my stunnel source package was *again* broken
because some clown removed the previous version's download from the
download server, so i bite the bullet and upgraded to latest (5.05).
today, doing a testbuild i got a again a 404 and was forced again to
update to latest stunnel download. this is fucking frustrating.

i really have better things to do than to update my package recipes
whenever a new stunnel release comes out (and that's not just me).

SO COULD YOU PLEASE FINALLY LEAVE YOUR PAST RELEASES ON THE DOWNLOAD
MIRROR LIKE ANYONE ELSE DOES ? THANKS.

and no, even if a security flaw in non-latest was discovered that's
still no reason to silently delete the old tarballs.

thanks,
--JS

P.S. the latest stunnel still does not link against libreSSL instead of
openssl, due to bogus usage of RAND_egd() as mentioned a quarter year
ago in my blog:
http://devsonacid.wordpress.com/2014/07/12/how-compatible-is-libressl/