[stunnel-users] External validation of client certificates

Rene Bartsch ml at bartschnet.de
Fri Nov 14 15:07:06 CET 2014

Hi,

we're having a special use case and hope to find a solution in stunnel.

In our use case clients use self-signed X.509 certificates to
authenticate with our TLS-server. We don't have a CA but a database with
usernames (DN) and fingerprints of the client-certificates.

Is it possible with stunnel not to validate the client certificates
against a CA but handover the Distinguished Name to an external
application which returns the fingerprint to check the certificate
against?

--
Best regards,

Rene Bartsch, B. Sc. Informatics