[stunnel-users] Access to Packet Content

Michael Carlino (RIT Student) mac9951 at rit.edu
Wed Mar 26 13:23:59 CET 2014

Hi Brian,
I am looking to have my two stunnel's (client and server) work together to
determine if an SSL connection should be closed.  The client stunnel will
send some data to the server stunnel.  The server stunnel will make the
decision to close the session.  I want to send the extra data in an HTTP
GET method request, and I am thinking an additional HTTP request header
should do the trick.  If I had unlimited time I'd try to make these changes
to the SSL code in my browser (Firefox) and the web server (Tomcat) and not
use stunnel.  I chose to work with stunnel because it's easier than trying
to obtain and master the code used in Firefox and Tomcat.

The problem I am seeing is that stunnel is a "dumb" proxy, and as such
works quite well with a lot of protocols, because it does not care about
the protocol.  Getting it to do some protocol specific work is the key.

Regards.