[stunnel-users] Stunnel setup for SSL connection with POP3 server

Ludolf Holzheid lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
Thu Jan 24 15:39:52 CET 2013

On Thu, 2013-01-24 18:35:59 +0530, shanmuganathan sedukumar wrote:
> Hi,
> Our application is not able to establish SSL connection with POP3 server due to some restrictions. Hence we thought of using stunnel for the same.
> Now we have installed stunnel in out application server.
> In the config,
> connect = POP3_address:portaccept = ??

for POP3S, you usually specify

| connect = <server name or IP address>:995
| accept  = localhost:110

Then configure your application to connect to localhost instead of
<server name>.

Of course, you could use any number instead of 110, as long as it is
configured equally in stunnel and your application.

Bihl+Wiedemann GmbH
Floßwörthstr. 41
68199 Mannheim, Germany
Tel: +49 621 33996-0
Fax: +49 621 3392239
e-mail:  lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
website: www.bihl-wiedemann.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Mannheim
Geschäftsführer: Jochen Bihl, Bernhard Wiedemann
Amtsgericht Mannheim HRB 5796