[stunnel-users] socket status

Dee Ayy dee.ayy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 00:28:30 CEST 2012

My socket in Eiffel will report that it is connected, but when it
tries to write to the socket, it will fail and report
Connection reset by peer
I/O error

The syslog shows
1) ... accepted connection from 127.0.0.1:..
2) connect_blocking: getsockopt A_REMOTE_IP:A_REMOTE_PORT: Connection
refused (111)
3) Connection reset: 0 bytes sent to SSL, 0 bytes sent to socket

I believe that my socket is connecting locally fine 127.0.0.1:.. in
step 1, and then the remote connection via stunnel is failing in step
2, but I have tried to write to the socket in between steps 1 and 2.

Is this proper behavior?
How can I know the status of the remote connection?  Wait a while and then test?
Is the socket state really just the state of the local stunnel connection?

Should stunnel report a different state (as seen by my socket) until
it determines the remote socket state?