[stunnel-users] Getting Stunnel to Work Under Windows 7 64-bit

Michal Trojnara Michal.Trojnara at mirt.net
Thu Jun 14 11:22:00 CEST 2012

Thomas Eifert wrote:
> Okay, I managed to get 4.45 working as a service. My only question
> is, how are your bringing up the Stunnel status window?

You can't do it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shatter_attack

> Even with taskbar = yes, I don't get an icon in the notification
> area like I do with Windows XP.

Separate GUI process running as current user on Windows is on my TODO
list.
http://www.stunnel.org/?page=sdf_todo

I expect to be able to implement it in Q4 2012.  Some of the required
infrastructure is already in the code (signal pipe).  Of course you are
free to sponsor the feature to get it even faster.