[stunnel-users] No SSL handshake between stunnel in client mode and SSL server

Denis Berezhnoy denis.berezhnoy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 00:10:14 CET 2012

Hi guys,

I have a quick question. I am trying to use stunnel in client mode to
encrypt traffic going to my server.

Basically, I have a server which listens for SSL connection. And I have a
client which can not do SSL but it needs to communicate with server over
SSL.

I setup stunnel in client mode to accept unecrypted traffic from client and
redirect it to server over SSL. I checked TCP traffic with WireShark
between stunnel  and my server and I can see that there is no SSL
handshake, stunnel makes TCP connection with server and sends some TCP
packets but I expect to see SSL handshake.

My stunnel conf file is here:

[Router]
client=yes
accept = 192.168.1.121:55555