[stunnel-users] protocols options clarification

John A. Wallace jw72253 at verizon.net
Wed Dec 5 19:27:06 CET 2012

The Service Level Options of the manual includes the following points:

protocol = proto
		application protocol to negotiate SSL (e.g. starttls or
stls)
		protocol option should not be used with SSL encryption on a
separate port.
		Currently supported protocols:
CIFS

Connect

Etc..

However, in the listed protocols supported neither "starttls" or "stls"
appears, even though they appear to be options as far as I can see from the
above explanation.  Am I missing something here, or should they be among
those in the list, and can one use this setting:

Protocol=starttls

Also, I don't really understand what this statement is telling me: "protocol
option should not be used with SSL encryption on a separate port."

John A. Wallace