[stunnel-users] PPID of child process

Bri Hatch bri at ifokr.org
Mon Apr 9 23:35:34 CEST 2012

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 11:31 PM, Philip Wong <hochit at gmail.com> voiced:

> However, it sounds to me the PPID of the child processes should be the stunnel parent PID.

Yes, if the stunnel parent is still running.

> With my example, if I kill PID 10764, all the stunnel processes will be gone.
> So I expect that's the parent, then the others should have PPID "10764". Isn't it?

Try 'ps -efH' and you can see the parent/child relationship as a nice
indented tree.

I suspect you already killed the parent.  All of these are children.

--
Bri Hatch, Systems and Security Engineer. http://www.ifokr.org/bri/

"There you go again - you have such a low threshold of 'disaster'."
--mathewm