[stunnel-users] PPID of child process

Bri Hatch bri at ifokr.org
Sun Apr 8 18:38:24 CEST 2012

On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 3:38 AM, Philip Wong <hochit at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Can we set child processes with correct PPID?

PPID is the parent process ID number, i.e. the PID of the process that
ran you. When I am in bash and run 'ls', the PPID of ls is my bash
shell.

This has nothing to do with the userid of any of these processes.

When your PPID is 1 that means that your parent has exited, and you
have been inherited by the init process (process ID 1).

Sounds like you killed the parent stunnel process exited but the
children continued on because they weren't done handling their
requests. This is not abnormal.

--
Bri Hatch, Systems and Security Engineer. http://www.ifokr.org/bri/

"Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown
 to like it. Oh yes."