[stunnel-users] Slow connection to remote stunnel

Thorsten Kampe thorsten at thorstenkampe.de
Sat May 28 22:43:43 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm using stunnel 4.36 on Linux to secure Samba SWAT. When I connect
directly to the remot stunnel port with my browser on Windows 7
(https://swat-server:stunnel-port), I get a long delay after entering my
credentials (about 60 seconds or so). This seems to be known issue (for
instance see "You will be prompted for the Linux root user username and
password. There will be a delay of about 60 to 75 seconds with each
login."[1].)

I did a Wireshark trace and it seems that the server simply does not
respond during that time.

But when I connect to the local stunnel client
(http://localhost:stunnel-port), the SWAT page displays immediately.

Is that "normal". How can I get the same speed without a stunnel client?

Thorsten
[1] <http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/wiki/index.php/Quick_HOWTO_:
_Ch10_:_Windows,_Linux,_and_Samba#Test_The_Secure_SWAT_Login>