[stunnel-users] stunnel and hosts.allow

Yousef Alhashemi yousef.alhashemi at gmail.com
Sun May 22 23:45:09 CEST 2011

2011/5/19 Jörg-Volker Peetz <jvpeetz at web.de>

Did you try something like

> nntps : LOCAL EXCEPT PARANOID

I tried this but it doesn't work (and it's more restricting than a plain
"LOCAL" anyway). But I figured it out. "LOCAL", as per the manpage, accepts
any hostname that doesn't contain a dot in it. I'm so used to using
"localhost" alone that I forgot that my full local hostname is rather
localhost.localdomain, not localhost. I rarely use the full hostname. For
example, even in most log files my hostname is usually listed as just
"localhost".

Anyway, "nntps: localhost.localdomain" fixed it for me. Sorry for the noise.

~Yousef