[stunnel-users] stunnel4 with exec as service for securing pop3

Jörg-Volker Peetz jvpeetz at web.de
Fri May 20 11:14:22 CEST 2011

Jochen Bern wrote, on 05/20/11 09:58:
<snip>

> (FWIW, in case you can't get things running the way you want, *this*
> problem should be rather trivial to solve; even if you cannot configure
> solid-pop3d to listen on 127.0.0.1:110 instead of 0.0.0.0:110, the host
> firewall ("iptables" in current Linux) can make short work of external
> connection attempts.)
>
> Kind regards,
> 								J. Bern
Yes indeed, that's also a resort. But I would like the minimalist solution ;-)
Which is, stunnel provides ssl security plus (small) firewall for pop3.

Also, I have the impression from the documentation that stunnel advertises to be
able to provide this functionality. Maybe I've hit a bug in stunnel?
Debian has a similar bug report #626856.
I could provide further information on the problem I encounter, if required.
--
Best regards,
Jörg-Volker.