[stunnel-users] Temporary failure in name resolution, (Michal Trojnara)

Michal Trojnara Michal.Trojnara at mirt.net
Sun May 8 15:57:15 CEST 2011

Phil Wieland wrote:
> Can I be really cheeky and ask one more question?
> Why does the problem not go away when my resolver is available -
> Shouldn't stunnel look again for this stuff after getting a
> temporary error?

Stunnel first tries to resolve addresses while reading configuration
file (before chroot), and than if the initial attempt failed, stunnel
makes another attempt while opening each connection (after chroot).
The latter method failed, because you didn't have resolver
configuration files within your chroot directory.