[stunnel-users] When X-FORWARDED-FOR for Stunnel ?

Michal Trojnara Michal.Trojnara at mirt.net
Thu Aug 18 17:24:47 CEST 2011

Elodie BOSSIER wrote:
> Why you don't implement X-FORWARDED-FOR into stunnel ?

I didn't implement this feature yet, because:
1. It's hard to do it right.
2. I'm the breadwinner for my family. I'm too busy with things I do
for a living.

> The patch have only 219 lines, could you help me please to addapt it
> to the version 4.41 and/or add this feature into Stunnel please ?

I'm not going to apply this patch, because:
1. It does not support chains of proxies:
    https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/X-Forwarded-
For#Format
2. It does not support HTTP persistent connections (only modifies the
first request of each connection):
    https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/HTTP_persistent_connection
3. The code is ugly.
4. It does not have a GPL-compatible, non-copyleft license.

> Thanks so much ...

You're welcome.