[stunnel-users] Failed to run 2 instances of windows service (error 1053)

Laurent Licour laurent at licour.com
Mon Aug 1 21:19:43 CEST 2011

I have to run at the same time on the same windows host, 2 instances
of stunnel : a client instance and a server instance

I have 2 config files : stunnel-client.conf , stunnel-server.conf
Each configuration works, but not at the same time.

I can install 2 services (with differents service name), but i can't start both services
at the same time. I have to stop the first one to start the second one

stunnel.exe -install stunnel-client.conf
stunnel.exe -install stunnel-server.conf
stunnel.exe -start stunnel-client.conf
stunnel.exe -start stunnel-server.conf  --> error 1053
stunnel.exe -stop stunnel-client.conf
stunnel.exe -start stunnel-server.conf
stunnel.exe -start stunnel-client.conf  --> error 1053

It is also not possible to start the both configurations directly (no service mode).

test run with stunnel 4.42b2 on windows XPe and Win2008R2

--

Laurent LICOUR