[stunnel-users] Server side logging, no connection details logged

Bucci, David G david.g.bucci at lmco.com
Wed Sep 22 18:25:11 CEST 2010

More details, and checking the source code ... messages are being output during engine setup and such (all the msgs that should be logged during verification_init() in verify.c), but none of the messages from verify_callback().

We have verify = 2, debug = 7, and CAfile set (and during startup we see a msg that the CAfile is successfully read.  The verification is in fact working correctly - when we pass in a self-signed cert, the connection is denied (and we see a "certificate bad" message in the client's log), but when we pass in a valid cert, it's accepted.  In neither case do we see any msgs in the server's log.

The exact msgs we want are there in verify.c/verify_callback() -- the subject name listed for rejected and accepted certs, it looks like LOG_INFO should be enough, but we're simply not seeing any msgs.