[stunnel-users] Large performance difference: Solaris vs Linux

Cliffe, Stephen Stephen.Cliffe at andrew.com
Tue Sep 21 01:15:15 CEST 2010

Given that both boxes are single CPU, albeit dual-core, and there are 4 processes running for the benchmark (tcpcli, tcpserv, 2 * stunnel) I figured a single thread test would be reasonable.

I did repeat the benchmark with 10 threads and the slower Linux box still outperformed the faster Solaris box, although not by as much.

Steve.