[stunnel-users] (no subject)

Ludolf Holzheid lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
Fri Sep 17 09:25:26 CEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-16 18:12:36 -0700, Sunil Karumuri wrote:
> [..]
>
> Can we configure Stunnel to have only ONE SSL connection (or a pool of
> connections) between box A and B and have Stunnel use the open connection
> for all traffic from various clients ?

Sunil,

This would add a lot of complexity to stunnel, as it would need to
keep track of originator and destination (and sequence) of the 'data
items' sent through the tunnel. Also the state of the multiplexed
connections have to be known on both ends of the tunnel. (Currently,
the TCP/IP stack does this job.)

Maybe the multiplexing could be done with other tools (like
encapsulate(1) from the netpipes(1) package), still using stunnel for
encryption.

You may also be looking for a VPN solution.

Ludolf

Ludolf Holzheid             Tel:    +49 621 339960
Bihl+Wiedemann GmbH         Fax:    +49 621 3392239
Floßwörthstraße 41          e-mail: lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
D-68199 Mannheim, Germany