[stunnel-users] SMPP Protocol and STunnel

Pathak, Apurva (Apu) apurva.pathak at verizon.com
Fri Sep 10 19:51:19 CEST 2010

Hello,

I would like to find out if I can use STunnel as follows:

I have a stand alone C# executable program that uses a third party SDK that implements SMPP protocol and sends SMS text messages with wireless carriers. Recently, one of the wireless carriers wants us to implement SSL Client Authentication and wants SMPP messages that are exchanged with them to be encrypted after the client authentication is done.

I want to find out if I can use STunnel running so that STunnel can encrypt and decrypt the messages exchanged between my program and the carrier's SMS server.

(1) Is this possible with STunnel?
(2) What are the steps involved?

I am on the Windows Server 2003 platform.

I would really appreciate a reply.

Thanks,
Apu