[stunnel-users] Using stunnel to RDP into a SSL-enabled Windows box

Daren Krive daren.krive at gmail.com
Tue May 11 18:26:29 CEST 2010

Hi Michal,

I have already enabled TLS for RDP as suggested by this article you linked.
That is in fact why I asked my question.

With TSL enabled (as per that article) I am no longer able to connect via
rdesktop under Ubuntu.  I am not trying to use stunnel on the Windows side
to add SSL support to RDP (RDP already has SSL/TLS configured).  I am
wondering if stunnel on the Linux side might somehow be used in conjunction
with rdesktop to allow rdesktop to connect to a Windows-based server
configured with SSL.

Or am I misunderstanding the purpose of stunnel?

Best regards,
Daren